You are here:Home > Community Information > Noise

Noise affects most of us at some time.

Noise may become annoying if it intrudes into people's awareness or is heard against their wishes.  An introduced noise that disturbs a person's everyday life or working environment can be very annoying or harmful, affecting their wellbeing.

There are several legislative tools and agencies that can help resolve these issues.  Please choose the most appropriate cateogry for your noise complaint from the list below?

Who Can Help?

  • "People" noise - this includes noise from parties, loud TV/Radios, muscial instruments, music events/festivals and revveing vehicles.  Contact your local police station
  • Animal noise - from pets and dogs, parrots and roosters.
  • Liquor licensed premises - from pubs, nightclubs and other premises licensed under the Liquor Licensing Act 1997 contact Consumer and Business Services.   
  • Noise in the workplace - for details on legislative requirements, contact Safework SA or WorkCover.
  • Neighbourhood machine noise - this includes fixed (air conditioner, pool pumps, etc) and non fixed (power tools, lawnmowers, etc) equipment.  Contact Community Mediation Services only when negotiation with your neighbour breaks down.
  • Construction/building noise - noise from building sites can be controlled.
  • Industrial and commercial premises - for detail on legislative requirements, contact the EPA or view the Environmental Protection (Noise) Policy 2007.
  • Aircraft noise - for noise from aircraft, contact the Air Services Australia noise enquiries hotline on 1800 802 584.
  • Noise from strata title or community-titled units - for noise issues from or within unit, contact your strata or management corporation group.

If you happen to be the cause of a noise complaint, it is usually in your best interests to reduce or remove the noise to avoid the risk of enforcement action.

Page Last Updated: 2014-09-01T15:37:05 Page URL: