Old Wirrega Council Chambers
The District Council of Wirrega was proclaimed on 30th July 1884. The councillors at this time were John Kennedy (chairman), Edward Steer, Thomas Jewell, David Jones and William Carson.
The area covered was the whole of the Hundred of Wirrega which extends from the East of Mundulla to Carew.
Council Chambers were built and first used on 1st June 1886. The last meeting took place on 7th January 1888, when the Wirrega Council was then divided into two wards (Mundulla and Buckingham) of the Tatiara District Council.
From 1888-1903 the Tatiara Council met in the old Wirrega Council Chambers until its own chambers were built in Bordertown in 1904.
The building, used by the Mundulla Tennis Club for many years was restored in 1973 and houses photographs relevant to the Wirrega Council history.
During 1986 a commemorative council meeting was held by the local council in the old chambers.