The Shearing Tree
The Cannawigra Shearing Shed built in 1859 was once on the left hand side of the road. A few stones remain as evidence and the road now passes through where sheep yards stood.
The very large gum tree which once cast its shade over the shed is known as the "Shearing Tree".
The shearers in their spare time play a kind of "darts" with the old broken shears, throwing their blades at a particular spot in the tree. A blade pierced the trunk too deeply and remained there, the handle and the curved end protruding about five metres up on the northern side.