AMP Memorial and Wiles Hut
The AMP Memorial is located by the Dukes Highway in the parklands on the eastern outskirts of Keith. It consists of a brick paved area with a Wiles Hut set up as a museum, two commemorative plaques on rocks and a Land-Rover mounted on a steel pole.
The AMP Memorial commemorates the land clearance scheme between 1950 and 1964 when the AMP Society developed large areas of grazing land around Keith for sale to farmers. The Wiles hut is one of about 50 occupied by workers on the scheme - it was actually made of two prefabricated steel motor garages built by the Wiles Industrial Company of Mile End - and the early Land-Rover was essential to off-road travel. The Memorial was erected in 1995.
The AMP Memorial is of heritage value as a monument to the land clearance scheme which greatly expanded the agricultural potential of the Keith district in the 1950s.