8th October 2013 - 1st Budget Review
At the Council meeting held 8th October 2013 the 1st Budget Review was adopted.
2nd July 2013 - Adoption of 2013-14 Budget
At a Special Council Meeting held on the 2nd July 2013, the 2013-14 Budget was adopted. Key aspects include:
- A 3.3% increase in revenue from General Rates.
- Continuation of a range of services such as road construction and maintenance, footpath, stormwater drainage, the collection of rubbish and recyclable materials, ongoing maintenance of parks, gardens and buildings, street lighting, street cleaning, libraries, animal control, planning, tourism promotion and assisting community organisations.
- The extension of waste services at both transfer stations to include chemical drums and e-waste.
While Council tries to extend recycling by the community, Council has decided not to introduce the mandatory two bin system and associated service charge for all businesses within the township boundaries in 2013/14 but intends to consult this year with the aim to introduce in 2014/15.
- Continuation of the construction of a new 2 court stadium off Anzac Tce between the bowling greens and the tennis courts at Keith.
- Council has identifed some key project priorities for the 2013/14 including (but not limited to) the following:
- Bordertown Senior Citizens Hall - Acoustic Treatment
- Bordertown Civic Centre - Acoustic Treatment
- Bordertown Cinema - New Projector
- Bike Path Planning
The Annual Business Plan and Budget are available for viewing by clicking on the below documents: